Do you feel sluggish, tired and achy most or all of the time? You don’t have to simply put up with these symptoms, or rely on standard painkillers like paracetamol or ibuprofen to get you through the day. A reflexology foot massage can quite literally change your life. With a whole plethora of benefits, it’s worth looking into receiving a session…
What Is Reflexology?
Reflexology is an alternative treatment method, which consists of applying pressure to different areas of the feet. As each part of the body is connected to a specific area on the foot, it’s designed to promote healing and improve energy flow throughout the body, whilst highlighting weaknesses through any tender spots. We explain a lot more in depth about this in another of our blogs.
How A Reflexology Foot Massage Can Benefit You…
There are many benefits of a reflexology foot massage, including but not limited to;
- Relaxation – This one may be obvious, but reflexology can increase calmness throughout both your mind and body.
- Increased blood circulation – When you receive a reflexology massage, your blood circulation is increased dramatically. This ensures that oxygen is circulating efficiently.
- Eliminating toxins – A side effect of the increased circulation, when oxygen circulation is improved, your organs work better, causing your body to naturally expel more toxins for a clearer system.
- Reducing headaches – By relieving stress and tension in the muscles which can be the main cause of headaches and migraines, it can markedly reduce symptoms.
- Boosting energy – Reflexology improves organ functionality within the body. When your organs are working optimally, energy is naturally released in higher quantities, therefore reducing symptoms of sluggishness.
- Improved mental health – When you’re relaxed and feeling in good health, it can do wonders for your mental health. Reflexology foot massages help to improve so many factors within the body that it’s no doubt mental health can benefit too, especially anxiety.
Important Appointment Tips…
You’ve decided that you want to book in for a reflexology foot massage appointment, great! Now it’s time to take some notes in preparation for your appointment.
We’d recommend not to eat for one to two hours before your appointment. This is to ensure that you’re not uncomfortable and won’t experience any interruptions during your session. Afterwards, eat a light, nutritious meal with plenty of water to help aid digestion and help to eliminate toxins from the body.
If you are pregnant, unfortunately a reflexology foot massage is not always recommended. However, you can speak to our team who will be happy to advise you of the suitable treatments available.
Always remember that a reflexologist cannot diagnose conditions, so if you have a problem, ensure to consult your doctor for advice and only use reflexology foot massages as an alternative treatment alongside doctors advice.
Booking Your Reflexology Appointment…
Here at Northwich Foot Clinic, you can book your reflexology appointment by calling us on 01606 45077. We are based in the heart of Northwich town centre in Cheshire, providing treatments to those across the North West.